Sunday 10 October 2010

Cereal box marble run

This has been a great addition to the kitchen:



I love marble runs. An early childhood memory is the one belonging to my cousin Eliane, a great wooden skyscraper of a thing. So it was with great excitement that I read this post at Made by Joel, and had to have a go.


I added another slope to our marble run and folded the card up on one side to create a lip to stop the marbles falling off. We also did a quick decoupage/papier mache-style decoration on the sides by brushing diluted PVA glue over torn up bits of paper from the saved special bits of paper drawer. Embrace the inner magpie I say. The tearing-up and gluing bit was fun for Eva to help with.




I have dreams of adding a fully-functioning Alpine ski scene and a steam train with working station. But this will do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

a year above the shop

a year above the shop